Roads to Rehab Nepal is a non-profit organisation registered with the Australian Charities & Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC). Our ABN number is 14 196 214 542.
We are also a permanent member of a registered non-profit organisation called GlobalGiving who are based in the United States. They help fund our work through their matching funds initiatives and provide a crowdfunding platform for grassroots charitable projects like ours.
We have been working with our project partner organisation, Medical Rehabilitation Organisation (Mero) since December 2016.
Our mission – We believe access to free health and medical care should be a universal human right. Many people in Nepal do not have access to medical care and rehabilitation services. Poverty is widespread.
What do we do – Between us, we fund and facilitate medical and surgical intervention, nursing care, physiotherapy and rehabilitation services for people in Nepal with life-changing illness or injury, who cannot access medical care due to poverty. By doing this, we improve health outcomes for people in Nepal and we change their lives.
How do we do it? MeRO operates a medical Shelter in Kathmandu.
- Our Nurse and Physiotherapist Sponsorship program pays the wages of MeRO’s four nurses and a physiotherapist.
- We fund as much as we can of MeRO’s pharmacy bill which includes not only essential medications for every single patient at the Shelter, but all medical, nursing, physiotherapy and occupational therapy equipment and supplies.
- We pay the first $200 of medical expenses for all patients referred to MeRO which helps start their medical journey and we often fund additional costs for surgery, medical and hospital expenses when required.
- We fund ongoing medical care for women with obstetric fistula who are referred to MeRO’s Shelter, even if the surgery is not directly related to fistula.
- We provide mentoring and advice to promote good governance.
- We facilitate ongoing education for MeRO’s clinical staff.
- We provide support, mentoring and friendship.
At Roads to Rehab Nepal, the extent of what we can achieve is dependent solely on donations. Our support to MeRO is only possible because of amazingly generous people who care about humanity, disability, inequality, access to health and medical care, and the challenges faced by people living in Nepal in being able to access an unjust medical system.
There are many ways you can help us change their lives of MeRO’s patients and their families and rebuild their future Changing their world starts with a single step so explore our website, read our stories, flick through our newsletters and annual reports and travel with us down their often long road to rehabilitation that all patients experience.
Please not that we are not a tax-deductible organisation in Australia. Our donations page explains more.